It's Finally Time ( 100 things to do during quarantine)
Times are rough. We know. As an optimist, I like to see the good side of everything.
A lot of businesses are struggling and I wanted to give you some recommendations on how you can use this time to work on your personal brand.
In this time of uncertainty and social distancing for all of us, here are some key tasks you may finally have the time to complete:
Quarantine does not mean you have nothing to do.
lets take this opportunity to do things that you usually do not have the time to do.
I categorized it by 5 categories :
- Art and Culture
- Self Development and Financial Education
- Business ( My fav if you know me)
- Completely random ( My fav #2 if you really know me)
Art and Culture
1. It's finally time to finish this book
And I am not talking about reading for the 6th time one the Harry potter but something new, something that you are unfamiliar with, that will expand your horizon.
Some recommendation of last book I read:
Sapiens: A Brief History of Humanity ( science/history)
By Yuval Noah Harari
A short telling of the entire human history, from pre-anatomically modern humans through the agricultural and scientific revolutions and to the present.
A Man Called Ove (novel)
By Fredrik Backman
This novel about an angry old man next door is a thoughtful exploration of the profound impact one life has on countless others.
Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion. ( psychology, sociology)
Dr. Robert B. Cialdini
Learn the psychology of why people say yes and how to apply these principles ethically in business and everyday situations.
2. It's finally time to Make a Puzzle
I’m ordering this one :
3. It's finally time to binge some tv show
Classic like Friends, The Office, Entourage, Californication or newer shows like GoT, Stranger things, it’s time to binge watch. Take advantage of every free trial from every streaming service.
So put on sweat pants and enjoy without remorse
4. It's finally time to Learn this Instrument.
Always wanted to learn how to play Harmonica? Now its the time. Best instrument to bring anywhere and to feel like a Cow Boy.
5. It’s finally time to Paint
6. It’s finally time to Watch some Movies
You always felt like you were missing out on those Star Wars reference?
7. It's finally time to Re-watch Kobe Highlights and remember he was the GOAT.
Man, we miss him. I just find this new clip and it’s beautiful.
8. It’s finally time to Learn how to Cook!!
And to cook healthy! Like those Vegan Gingerbread cookies.
9. It’s finally time to Learn a Magic Trick
Here’s 20 Magic tricks that you can easily learn.
10. It’s finally time to Start a New DIY project
11. It’s finally time to Finally learn about Politics
My answer every time someone brings politics is “ Hmm I do not know enough about this subject to talk about it” SO NOW ITS TIME TO LEARN ABOUT IT.
12. It’s finally time to Learn How to make Kombucha
13. It’s finally time to learn How to Knit
14. It’s finally time to Learn How to Beat Box
15. It’s finally time to Visit some virtual Museum
16. It’s finally time to Watch some TED talk
17. It’s finally time to Write a Book
You’ve been thinking about it for years, now its time.
18. It’s finally time to Meditate
Here’s a good music for it.
19. It’s finally time to to Fix your Candle with a Buried Wick
20. It’s finally time to make a Simple Bouquet
21. It's finally time to Learn a New Language
FSI research indicates that it takes 480 hours to reach basic fluency in a new language. Time to download Dualinguo!
22. ...Or at least say Hello in 50 languages
I will give you one for free : Bonjour! 49 ones to go. This two-minute tutorial will help you make friends no matter where you go.
23. It's finally time to Create your Tik Tok account
And to delete it after you realize you are more than 20 years old.
24. It's finally time to Make a Baby
Listen you are in quarantine with your loved one. Might be the right timing.
25. It's finally time to Download Call of Duty Mobile
And to play with me ( add me I’m benkobe).
26. It's finally time to Donate
There are a ton of donation options. Check on GoFund Me if anyone you know is trying to raise some money.
Or find an organization you relate to. Believe me even $1 makes a difference.
27. It's finally time to Play Drinking game with your roommates ( can result to #24)
28. It's finally time to Write letter to people you Love
29. It's finally time to Play some Games!
If you are in family play board games ( I am obsessed with Catan)! If you are by yourself play Call of! ( see #25)
30.It's finally time to Interview your Grand Parents
Checking on elderly people is important, please make sure your elderly neighbors does not go to stores and offer to take care of their groceries for them.
But something you should do ( if you still have the chance to have your grandparents alive) is to call them and interview them. We do not realize how much we are missing out on just asking simple questions about life to someone who has seen way more than you did.
31. It's finally time to Prank people!
There are a ton of Pranks you can do here’s some of my fav:
Replace your family photos with pics of Steve Buscemi.
Sign them up for a random mailing list
Find a cult newsletter or The Ferret Association of Connecticut publishes three regular newsletters FYI.
Change your family auto-correct dictionary
A great example of this is changing your mom’s phone so that whenever she types “no” you can have it correct to “yes”, for example. That’s a dangerous power for a teenager to have, but you have to be sneaky about it.
Call Two Anybodies (On 2 Phones)
Put the phones together so they can talk to each other.
32. It's finally time to Spend some Time on Instagram
It might be the end of the world but people try to keep smiling with amazing Memes.
what’s more human than laughing in the dark?
Here’s some of my favorite :
33. It's finally time to Learn How to Play Poker
34. It's finally time to Learn How to Play Chess
35. It's finally time to Propose to your Girlfriend
She wont have much choice to say yes as it would be really awkward to be in quarantine we someone you just turn down.
36. It's finally time to Find video of people hurting animals, create a Facebook Group and track them down…
Ok I might have watched the Netflix documentary “Dont F*** with cats” too many times but I do believe if online gang were on quarantine we would have found Lucas Magnotta way sooner.
37. It's finally time to Play Riddles
The one who makes it always sells it.
The one who buys it never uses it.
The one who uses it never knows he's using it. What am I?
38. It's finally time to Launch a Social Media Challenge.
You’ve seen people juggle with paper toilet or the “Baby Challenge”. Try to launch one!
39. It's finally time to Join an Online Community
40. It's finally time to Connect Back with Old Time Friends.
Remember your best friend in 5th grade? Or the first boy you kissed? Try to find them and connect back!
Self Development And Financial Education
41. It's finally time to Do a Face mask Moisturizer
Treat yourself with a skin care routine you don’t have time for during a normal work week.
42. It's finally time to Start investing in Stocks
With the stock market crash it might be a good time to invest.
Tools that I use:
Motiff: Instead of investing in specific stock invest in a theme portfolio composed of different stocks ( like Online Gaming, Robotics Revolution and Digital Dollars).
43. It's finally time to Start investing in Real Estate
Yes you can start investing for less than $1k.
I started using Fundrise a year ago and I completely fell in love with their product. My portfolio has already 213 active projects all over the US.
I recommend before to invest to watch the great review video of Graham Stephan.
44. It's finally time to Work on your Memory
Check this article of 6 science backed Methods to improve your memory.
45. It's finally time to Start Planning your Next Holiday.
Being lockdown for weeks will give some motivation to explore the world.
Be smart and take advantage of crazy price in the travel industry. Most of the companies offer free CANCELLATION anyway. Looking for the best offers?
46. It's finally time to Tell Better Stories.
Get some practice ! In 40 years you will tell your grandchild that you were part of the resistance that saved the world by staying on their couches.
47. It's finally time to Learn how to Speed Read
48. It's finally time to Make your Bed properly
You will feel like going to a hotel bed every night!
49. It's finally time to Exercise at Home.
No, your gym closing does not give you a free pass for not exercising, they are a lot of program you can do at home. Here’s some I recommend:
- Apptiv - best Audio Fitness App with professional trainers.
- Insanity Work out From BeachBody On Demand
50. It's finally time to try to Be Vegan for a Week
Nuts, soy, are great food to store so perfect for a quarantine. Why not trying? Here’s 12 tips from the experts
51. It's finally time to do some Online Shopping
It might be the end of the world so 3 words :
52. It's finally time to Work on your Bucket List
53. It's finally time to Identify Geography.
And be able to point out places like Tajikistan, Vanuatu, and Addis Ababa on a map.
54. It's finally time to work your Short term and Long term Goal.
Set goals for the future and start working on that for the same day. Make a plan which you can follow strictly in future and also crawl it accordingly.
55. ts finally time to Stick to a budget
Use tool like Mint to check on your monthly expenses and set budgets limits!
56. It's finally time to Work on your Credit Score
Check your score using Free tool like Credit Karma and learn how to improve it. See #57.
57. It's finally time to Get Smart about Your Financial choices.
I highly recommend Ramit Sethi blog I will Teach you to be Rich to optimize your finance.
58. It's finally time to Buy a House
With mortgage rates at all time low you should really consider buying a house.
If you don’t know how to start email me email@example.com I work with a lot of mortgage brokers and can help you.
59. It's finally time to Find a mentor
I used to think I didn't need anyone and can learn everything myself. It’s a big mistake, benefit of having a mentor can save you many mistakes you would you do on your own.
Make a list of successful people in your entourage ( with your own definition of success, family wise, business wise, etc..) and contact them. If you have no one in mind you can use Growth Mentor.
60. It's finally time to Do an Online Course
Tools I recommend:
61. It's finally time to Launch this Website
Tools I recommend:
62. or an E-commerce
Tools I recommend:
63. It’s finally time to Work on Your SEO
Search engine optimization was, is, and will always be a good idea for your long term game plan. You need to get some keywords ranked and spend some time working on your SEO because:
Tools I recommend :
This is B-A-S-I-C. This is the first step to keep track of all traffic and statistics about your website.
A compelling tool due to its low price and very easy to use interface for search engine optimization.
64. It’s finally time to try Bridge Ads
I won’t tell you again about Cuban cigars and the embargo, I’ve emailed you plenty of times regarding bridge ads and posted about them on our blog, but they are the only way to run Facebook and Instagram ads for some industry where online regulation is tough.
65. It’s finally time to send those Emails
No, Email Marketing is not dead! It is still one of the most effective marketing tools that you have.
It drives conversion, it increases customer retention and the LTV (lifetime value) of your customers.
As with all good things, do not overuse it to send promotional content every other day but try to use it to engage and share good value content with your customers.
My favorite tools
For a cold outreach and to scrap a list of 5k emails from a niche-specific Instagram profile, we use Sendy.
Emails are sent thought AWS SES, which will mitigate any risks.
For a warm list and to reengage with your customer, I would recommend Active Campaign. I’m pretty impressed with their software and it can also be used as a CRM.
Also talking about email, this is me after 80% of my daily meetings.
66. It’s finally time to Slide into those Influencer DMs
Influencers can be a hit or a miss. Don’t focus on the big influencers, you will spend your entire budget on one post and their audience does not trust them anymore. Their audience sees promoted posts every day, so conversion will be very low.
Focus on micro-influencers, even with a “small” audience of 10-20k, look at their engagement. Go for the one who has experience with your niche. Create a real relationship with them, ask for genuine feedback about your product and do not offer a “commission for each product sold.” They will not waste their time with those offers.
Always use custom links and create custom promo codes for each of those collaborations. This way, you can keep track of sales per collaborations.
67. It’s finally time to try Chatbot Marketing
Chatbot is one the best tools you can use to pre-qualify your prospects !
▪️ Messenger click rates are up to 60% or about 20 times higher than email. Messenger open rates can go as high as 85% compared to email open rates of about 17%.
▪️ Chatbots are equally popular among millennials and baby boomers.
▪️ 53% of people are more likely to shop with businesses they can message.
Schedule a call with our marketing specialist to implement your chatbot strategy for 2020 👉 Schedule a time
68. It's finally time to Launch your Youtube Channel
69. It's finally time to Invest in Paid Ads
For people that knows me you know how little patience I have, yes SEO and social media are great but if you want QUICK results nothing will beat Paid Ads.
70. It's finally time to Learn How to code
71. It's finally time to Fund your Business
It’s time to ask your mom to invest in your candle business or use solution like Kabbage to apply for a line of credit of up to $250k.
72. It's finally time to Launch your ClickFunnel
Funnel marketing is one of the most important aspect for a business to be able to scale. ClickFunnel is the best platform to make one.
73. It's finally time to Fake it until you Make it
With services like Amortentia.Media
74. It's finally time to Set up a CRM
You can’t run a business without knowing with a proper CRM. Hubspot has been one of the best in the market. Specially for small businesses and SaaS companies.
75. It’s finally time to Learn how to work Remotely with your Team
My favorite tools:
- Zoom : For conference calls
- Slack : for chatting with your team
- Trello : For project management
76. It's finally time to use multiple of services from Fiverr at $5 each
Create a logo, make an explainer video, set up a website or design a business card. Fiverr has a lot to offer for someone that wants to launch a business on a small budget
78. It's finally time to Try affiliate Marketing
79. It's finally time to Launch a Drop-shipping Website
If you don’t want to have to deal with stocks and shipping a great solution is Drop-shipping.
My Favorite tools:
Spocket = top suppliers of original US/EU products
Printful = If you want to try print and demand and create unique product
80. It's finally time to Network
It’s the right time to connect with people. Use Linkedin.
81. It's finally time to Learn how to Solve a Rubik’s Cube
It takes some practice but that’s impressive. See tutorial
82. It's finally time to Learn how to Juggle
83. It's finally time to Text all your Exes and tell them the truth
84. It's finally time to Organize your Home
I just did my Tupperware what a relief because that was me 2 days ago:
85. It's finally time to See how many marshmallow you can put in your mouth
Please DM me the number for data research
86. It's finally time to Learn an entire songs by heart ( help for #44)
87. It's finally time to Practice your shower singing ( use #86)
88. It's finally time to Play with your pet
89. Or to adopt a Pet
Animal shelters across the US are making the hard decision to close their doors. They are in urgent need for adoption.
90. It's finally time to Throw an indoor Picnic
91. It's finally time to Learn how to moonwalk
Impress everyone on the dance floor, learn HERE
92. It's finally time to Whistle with your finger
Learn and Every NY cab will stop.
93. It's finally time to Take the Perfect Selfies
94. It's finally time to Learn how to Fold your Cloths
95. It's finally time to To learn to do a Cartwheel
96. It's finally time to How to make Balloon Animals
97. It's finally time to How to make a proper Paper Airplane
98. It's finally time to Watch every 673 episode of the Simpsons take note and predict the future.
From Donald Trump being president to the Corona Virus Simpsons predicting the future is now a thing.
99. It's finally time to Teach your dog/cat/husband some New Tricks
100. It's finally time to File your taxes
Because of the situation we got an extension to PAY IT but we still need to FILE them. If you are a self employed I recommend Quickbooks.
101. It's finally time to Follow me on IG and tell me how you spend your quarantine!
Schedule a call if you want to invest in your marketing: